WordPress is the best and most accessible, manageable, and easy-to-use Content Management System(CMS). A good plugin has the power to help you skyrocket the success of your business online.
It is the feasibility to extend the CMS solution in an infinite way that makes WordPress CMS so popular. With tons of themes, useful plugins, and extensive support, it is difficult to defeat the appeal of WordPress.
But the WordPress plugin directory is stuffed with 55,000+ plugins, so this guide has narrowed down the best free WordPress plugins for your website.
As we know WordPress is like a big ocean. We cannot find its all features within a week or months. It will take one or more than a year to know each and every feature of plugins that WordPress contains.
So, here let’s jump to the main and easy handling plugins for WordPress that is free and simple to use.
As you want to install plugins in your WordPress, you must know from where and how you can install these plugins.
I am going to explain about how you can install plugins and what are the features they have.
Why plugins are important and what is the role of plugins in your website?
Plugins can create everything from small twists to major changes on a website for a specific task, some will turn a website into a fully functioning site.
Some do not have front-facing effects that still improve site performance in the best way.
We can find WordPress plugins from different places but it depends on the premium or free one. Because Premium ones are charged with some amount for the reason that they will have good support and greater functionality as compared to free plugins.
Likewise, free plugins can be installed by anyone by downloading without paying any amount, sometimes free plugins support the maximum requirement.
How to install plugins in WordPress:
As I am telling you about free plugins that you can install in just a few clicks. The brief information about every step is given below. Hope you’ll get very clearly by reading these many steps.
To be started at first, go to your WordPress login page and for this using URL as (www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin).
Enter there your login credentials i.e., username and password, and log in to your website dashboard as shown below.
After logging in, on the left side of your WordPress Dashboard you can get a menu named plugins. Click on plugins.
In the plugins, you can see the option named “Add New”, you can see as I mentioned below.
Click on Add New and search for your required plugins.
After searching the plugins you can install them.
Now you have installed your plugins for your website and then after activating you are now ready to use them accordingly.
This is the five simple steps to install free plugins to your website.
Now let’s know about the 10 best plugins which are a must for your website and they are helpful as well.
Top 8 Best Plugins For WordPress in 2021
Wordfence is a free WordPress plugin that provides enterprise-level website protection against malware and hacks.
It identifies and blocks malicious traffic. It runs at the endpoint, enabling deeper integration with WordPress.
Protects against brute force attacks by limiting login attempts, implementing strong passwords, and other login security measures.
The Wordfence scanner checks core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects, and code injections.
Wordfence has both free as well as premium versions available. To install the free version just go to plugins >> Add New >> Wordfence >> Install and Activate.
Now it will be ready to use and help you with every feature.
Features of Wordfence:
- Wordfence can scan all your sites with one button
- It can see Live Traffic for your Sites
- Scan all your Child sites with one button
- Can control all your Wordfence settings from 1 place
- Can see Scan results directly in your MainWP Dashboard
- Set scheduled scans for once a day, twice a day, once a week, or once a month
- Block or Unblock users and crawlers from your Dashboard
UpdraftPlus is one of the best plugins that simplify backup and restoration. It comes under the world’s highest as well as most popular scheduled backup plugin. Currently, there are more than three million active installers. You can backup your files and database backups into the cloud and restore with a single click!
UpdraftPlus backup your files, images, videos, and your so many important works in a very simple way. In digital marketing, every digital marketer recommends this as the best backup plugins.
This is not so hard to use. You can just install it through your plugins section. To install UpdraftPlus you can go to add a new button and install and activate as well.
As I am a digital marketer, I have also installed these plugins for my backups on my website. You can see below how this looks after installation.
You can see how many features UpdraftPlus provide you when you have this plugin.
Picture (give here Google drive and all interface images)
Features of UpdraftPlus to know better about:
Unlike many other plugins, UpdraftPlus:
- Not only restores website files but also backing up Backups to more cloud options than any others.
- Allows you to set an automatic backup schedule for the last in the connector.
- Is faster, using fewer server resources
- Tested on over three million sites
3. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress plugin designed to help webmasters optimize their WordPress websites for search engines.
When you’re working with a self-hosted WordPress site, the Yoast SEO plugin is one of the most valuable tools you can have. Yoast SEO is one of the most widely popular WordPress plugins around and it’s easy to understand why.
Whether you’re running a personal blog or you’re an SEO professional managing a website for a client, Yoast is a powerful tool that can help you make your site as search-engine-friendly as possible.
This is also free and easy to install on your website similar to UpdraftPlus.
After installation, you can see the interface as shown below.
This plugin helps you in on-page SEO and ranking top on Google search engines. There are professional earning just by experience in SEO Optimization. They are earning huge and this plugin is best for every digital marketer.
Features that Yoast SEO contains you must know how it helps you in optimization.
- It helps you in Keyword maintaining, images alt tributes, maintaining word contents, maintaining meta description, headings, and many more.
- It gives you readability access. Means helps you in how and which word is easy to read.
- Yoast SEO will analyze the structure of your paragraph to help deliver better content.
- Yoast SEO will monitor your links for you. i.e., whether the link is inbound or outbound, it helps you in monitoring well.
- It tells you the keywords used in subheadings.
- So, to rank top on Google and be good in on-page SEO, you must have to work on SEO and readability and make both green.
4. Ninja Form
Ninja form is one of the most used forms by digital marketers. Ninja Forms is a free form builder plugin for WordPress that enables you to create just about any type of form.
It can create from simple contact forms to event registration, file uploads, payments, and more.
Currently, there are more than 11 million activated users of this form.
Ninja form is so easy and smooth to use. If you want to create a contact form, this form has the best features of drag and drop your credentials.
You can install this plugin to your WordPress website so easily.
Go to plugins>>Add New>>Search Ninja Form>>Install>>Activate.
Now it will be ready to go for your work.
Features of Ninja Form:
- This plugin is 100% user-friendly and easy to use for beginners.
- You can build beautiful WordPress forms without being a designer.
- To have this form you can get more from your signup and lead generation forms.
- Ninja form contains a feature in which it can accept payments and donations.
- And this form has advanced features that you don’t need any developers to build your forms.
5. Really Simple SSL
What is Really Simple SSL?
This plugin has the ability to secure your sites without investing a single penny.
Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over HTTPS.
To keep it lightweight, the options are kept to a minimum. The entire site will move to SSL.
You don’t have to invest in installing this in your WordPress. This can be installed and activated in minutes.
To install this plugin, in left side of your navigation menu, Go to plugins >> Add New >> Search for Really Simple SSL >> Install >> Activate.
This is now activated and your site is now secured.
Features of Really Simple SSL Pro:
- Comprehensive scan that enables you to locate the source of the mixed material with the fix button, which cannot be fixed automatically.
- It gives you Premium email support.
- It improves security by enabling HTTP Strict Transport Security for your site.
- It has a mixed content fixer for the back-end.
- HTTP Only and secure flags to make cookies secure/encrypted
- Easily implementable security headers: X-Content-Type-Options, X-XSS-Protection, X-Frame-Options, Expect-CT, Certificate Transparency, No Referrer When Downgrade header, Content Security Policy, Upgrade Insecure requests.
- Improve security by enabling HTTP Strict Transport Security for your site
Smush has been made the benchmark and test number one for speed and quality. This is the best plugin for image optimization for every digital marketer.
From my personal experience, I am telling you this is so easy to install as well as in optimization. You don’t need to optimize individually. It contains a feature of automatic image optimization. And I’m fully satisfied with it.
I recommend you to go for Smush when matters come to image optimization.
Smush can optimize images, turn on lazy load, resize images, compress & improve your Google Page Speed with the incredibly powerful and 100% free WordPress image smusher.
Installing process of Smush is the same as other plugins. You can get ideas by given attached screenshots.
Features of Smush plugin:
- It compresses losslessly. Doesn’t affect image quality.
- Smush Optimizes & compresses up to 50 images with just one click.
- You can set maximum widths and height and can large images that will scale down as they are being compressed.
- You can use Smush and this will optimize all of your images up to 5MB in size, free forever (no daily, monthly, or annual caps) without monthly limits.
- Smush processes All Your Files. It will process PNG, JPEG, and GIF files for optimum results.
- It optimizes images even if they are not located in the media library.
7. Elementor Page Builder
Elementor is the great page builder plugin that allows you to build your entire site beautifully without any knowledge of codings.
This is recommended by every digital marketer because it really helps in building your pages into a professional look.
Elementor page builder gives you the possibility to edit your site from a single place. To build an entire site you only need to switch between parts of your site that you are editing, using a simple and convenient button — that’s all.
While using Elementor you will find great results. It is a front-end editor and allows for fast live editing with instant, real-time results.
Building WordPress pages has never been easier for anyone. But now it becomes easier to use and build as it offers all the necessary tools and design features for free.
Elementor has more than 5 million active installations and it has more than 5 thousand five-star ratings.
It has more tools to design websites as per the requirements. Its drag and drop features make it easier and simple for a digital marketer. Even it has prebuilt templates, blocks, and more that help you in creating your website according to your needs.
To install Elementor you just have to follow the steps: Go to plugins>>Add New>>Search for the plugin Elementor page builder>> Install>> Activate.
Now you are ready to use Elementor in many ways.
8. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is currently the best WordPress plugin for cache-based, performance optimization.
W3 Total Cache improves the overall speed of your site by caching multiple elements on your pages which improves the overall responsiveness of your webserver.
What is Caching? Caching is simply the storage of website data for later usage by your clients.
Caching can be accomplished via multiple methods, with W3TC (W3 Total Cache) being one of the primary means to achieve this task.
W3 Total Cache is rated as one of the best WordPress plugins for performance optimization on Virtual, Dedicated, and Managed servers and, is used by millions of sites to increase their overall site performance.
To install w3 Total Cache in your left-hand navigation menu, go to Plugins >> Add New >> Search for the plugin w3 Total Cache >> Install >> Activate.
Plugin’s role is unique in its way. It not only helps you in building your website but also minimizes your time in creating pages and posts. Above all these plugins, you can create a simple and basic website very easily.
There are plenty of plugins available there but don’t go for everyone. Just install only those who are useful to you and your website. Some plugins may cause errors in your website, so, be careful before installing any plugin.
I suggest you only after your deep research and knowledge, go for the installation of plugins. Because plugins can be the reason for your website speed down and many more. And this would not be good for you, this can interrupt you in your website’s other work.
As I explained the top 8 best plugins for websites, I use them personally and in my experience, they all are the very best to use.
These plugins will help beginners as well in their starting career in digital marketing.
Well! I have explained plugins and their features basic to advanced. And I hope my article will help you in some ways.
At the end all I want from you guys, your feedback and your doubts regarding plugins. Just comment below the comment section or you can contact me personally. I assure you to help you in your learning stages.
Thanks for reading! 🙂