On-page SEO is very important for your website. As you are well known about SEO factors which are necessary for website rankings and the related questions I already explained in my previous article.
In that article, I have explained What is SEO and the types of it which you need to know when you are running a website. Search Engine Optimization is itself a part of the website which relies on content quality also.
What is On-page SEO?
On-page SEO leads to improving your site for higher search rankings. In this technique, you can be able to increase traffic and more conversation.
In this practice of optimizing web pages, you can generate organic traffic and improve a website’s rankings in the SERPs( Search Engines Results Pages ).
With on-page optimization, you aim to make your website more useful and valuable by improving your ranking or visibility in search results on Google, Bing, and other search engines.
This technique includes optimizing the HTML of pages, their internal links, metadata (meta title, meta description, and keyword density) along posting high-quality, relevant content and images.
After having these small topics you will be good to go for your On-page SEO. I’ll discuss all these one by one in a very easy and simple way so that it would be easy for known ones as well as beginners.
Why do you need to do On-page SEO?
On-page SEO is an important factor in determining the ranking of your website.
It is important because it helps search engines understand your website and the contents of your website, which means it helps people to find the relevant information of the queries which they are searching for.
And even when you want to keep readability and relevance in mind, therefore, people read your blogs and your SEO efforts can really pay you in that case.
Google has strengthen it’s features with its opulence of all it’s complex algorithms, has become more better at following points:
- Now it understands what the user is searching when they type their queries in the search bar.
- It delivers search results that match user’s intent and similar to their queries(informational and navigational).
Optimization is essential for this development, and you can make sure that your website and its content both. Matters more is what is visible to users on your web pages (i.e., text, images, video, or audio) and elements that are only visible to search engines (i.e., HTML tags, structured data) are well-optimized according to the latest best practices.
Therefore, we can say that your SEO is one of the ways that help you in increasing quality traffic to your blogs or websites. Hence, you need to do On-page SEO.
Additionally, you can’t simply ignore on-page SEO because you have more control when optimizing for on-site elements – as opposed to off-page SEO that consists of external signals (i.e., backlinks).
If you put effort into on-page strategies, you’ll see a boost in traffic and a rise in your search presence.
This guide will walk you through the most important elements of on-page SEO.
Paying close attention to these areas will help improve your content and authority – and increase your rankings, traffic, and conversions.
Factors you should optimize for On-page SEO:
There are several ranking factors that marketers use to optimize their SEO for their website. Some of the factors are as follows:
- Title tags
- Keywords Optimization
- Meta description
- Heading tags
- Image Optimization
- URL slug
- Internal linking
- Page Speed
- Mobile friendly
Let’s have a look at each so that you can be able to do SEO for your website so easily.
1. Title tags
It is the page title which appears in the search results.
It is the title that helps google to find what your page is actually about. Therefore your website title tag is a must not only for visitors but also for servers to identify.
Your keywords used in specific pages make it easier for search engine crawlers to understand your website.
It is important to choose each page’s title tags of your website to be more search engine friendly.
- Title tags should be attractive to users
- The title should have the same name that the contents contain.
- Relevant keywords matter more.
- A title should be of 50-60 characters that attract crawlers to read.
Read this article to know HOW TO GET RANKED IN SEO WITH GOOGLE?
2. Keywords Optimization
Keywords Optimization seems easy but it is not that easy. This is one of the most important factors in on-page SEO.
You probably think that the more pages you have to target a keyword, the better you rank for that keyword. This is not the technique to target keywords.
It is a process of researching, analyzing, and selecting the right keywords and then putting them into your content.
After researching your targeted keywords, which can satisfy the reader’s query, you should make a list of related keywords that has high search volume plus low SEO difficulty.
- The term LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords need to use in titles, headings, and as well as contents.
- This LSI is important, search engines are not only looking for keyword relevance, but also subject relevance that can be shown by placing relevant keywords in subheadings and other fields.
- Keywords density should not be more than 5% and near to it in your website contents.
- Try putting short-term keywords to your website so that they would be relevant for the Google search algorithm.
Few company accepts long term keywords, so there this is fine to go for it.
- Look at useful metrics such as monthly search volume and competition to determine which keywords provide you the most value.
3. Meta Description
Meta description is a page summary that appears in SERPs of your website.
It is the description of your content that appears below the Title of your website so that it helps visitors to know a little about what the content really contains.
Always avoid auto-generated meta descriptions: It is still possible that Google may not use your description in a search engine but it’s very important to never use auto-generated meta descriptions as they may be very confusing and difficult to understand.
For fulfilling the appropriate meta description, I suggest you not copy Content from here or there.
Try putting descriptions related to specific taken keywords. It helps you rank higher on search engine result pages.
Optimizing meta description correctly can help improve:
- Click-through rate (CTR).
- Perception of the quality of the result.
- Perception of what your website offers all change.
4. Heading Tags
Heading Tags are HTML tags that break up into H1, H2, H3, H4, and so on. It improves the readability of the contents and makes users friendly.
When it comes to title tags, you want to use them for search engines and users.
Use the top tag in your content to break it and make it more readable and scalable for users.
They are used to identify titles and subheadings within your content and separate paragraphs for greater clarity in reading.
You can also add your core or related keywords to provide search engines with more context for your page.
- H1 helps content to highlight the topic of the article and describes what your content is about.
- H2 and H3 use for giving subheadings.
- You can also put H2-H6 heading tags in content for easy navigation.
- One-word heading tags don’t allow you to SEO friendly. So try to put long and attractive headings.
5. Image Optimization
Image Optimization refers to optimize image in quality and giving right alt tributes.
Your content looks beautiful only when you give the images related to your content. So image plays a vital role in designing your website.
But more images can occupy more spaces. So to decrease its space without dismissing its quality, marketers use plugins.
Using images within the content of your webpage is always a great idea. It makes your content more appealing.
- In this, it is important to give attractive titles to images with relevant keywords as it enables your website to be searched in Google images from where users can access your website.
- Using alt tags and descriptions for your images also helps in optimizing images in search engines.
- Try using your own images, if not possible then give reference to the image source.
- Optimize your image as much as possible it helps your page load faster and CDN(Content Delivery Network) is being hosted and served by multiple servers. This resultantly increases the loading speed of your webpage.
You all well know this quote. “Content is king”.
Content is really a king only when you provide great knowledge to your audience through articles.
With content, your visitors know you and your writing and the accuracy of the content.
Content is critical to on-page optimization. Either reading blog posts or viewing product pages, people browse your content. Optimizing your content can help search engines understand and rank your content, allowing people to find your website.
If you are a content creator you must have to audit your existing content. And many creators forget this crucial point, which is a big mistake.
Auditing your existing content is important because it helps you:
- Identify if your content information is still accurate or rancid(outdated information).
- Determine what kind of content is working for you.
- Content audits can help a lot in your SEO strategy and should be done on a regular basis.
- Evaluate whether your existing content is achieving its goals and achieving ROI.
Read More: What Is SEO? – A Beginner’s Guide
URL is also very important for performing high in On-page SEO.
It is basically an address on the internet including a domain name that reaches you to the existing page of the website.
URLs for your website’s pages should include brief descriptions of the page’s topic.
URL should include the description of the contents, not numbers, it performs better in Google.
And another one (nupurneha.com/hsgdksk152o3715aj/62gsfa)
Google and even for readers, 1st one would be more appropriate to understand the content.
Therefore, avoid confusing URLs is affect your SEO ranking as well.
A clear URL that confirms web page information brings good click-through rates. (CTR)
8. Internal linking
Internal linking describes linking to and from pages on your website.
In this technique, you have to link your own link of any post of pages to your current editing post/page.
Let’s understand in an easy way.
Internal linking is something in which a link of one page/post is added to another page/post. That’s why sometimes it is called inbound linking.
As your site grows, so too, it is important to develop an internal linking process.
Because internal linking helps crawlers to locate your site, discover new content, and understand the context of different pages.
Use internal links to improve your on-page SEO by:
- Adding links to relevant, existing content in new posts
- Adding links from relevant, existing content to new pages
- Each internal linking strategy is different, but for best results, you should make sure that every new page has at least two to three links.
9. Page Speed
Page Speed is playing an important role in SEO. Because if your website is opening fast then users prefer to click on your website.
With a shorter attention span than a normal goldfish, 50% of users will skip a page if it takes more than three seconds to load. People want information, and they want it now!
Therefore, page speed matters more in respect of visitor’s choice as well as in On-page SEO.
If your page load faster then you website will rank in search engines.
There are some tips for page speed are as follows:
- Use optimized images on your website
- Take proper and good hosting plans.
- Clear Cache from your website.
10. Mobile Friendly
This technique describes your site’s usability on mobile devices.
Nowadays, people use mobile more as compared to desktop. After all, mobile is easy to carry and use whenever you need it.
That’s why your site must be mobile-friendly, this not only helps visitors but also helps you to improve your SEO for ranking.
Mobile compatibility is no longer a suggestion. This is a requirement, especially if you want to rank well for your keywords. Google considers mobile compatibility when ranking your website.
Your low compatibility leads to low rank.
If users cannot access your website from mobile, then your website ranking will come down. If the website ranking is down then the conversation rate is also down.
Hence, you know now it is very important to make your website mobile friendly.
I’m personally using Yoast SEO plugins for On-pages SEO.
SEO always plays an important role in your Website rankings. It’s not only On-page SEO, but Off-page SEO also has similar importance as On-page SEO.
But in this article, I have tried to cover the important and necessary factors every beginner should consider when they are working for their website ranking.
If you have done these techniques which I have mentioned above, then you have more charge to rank on Google.
However, if you just started to build your website then it takes time to rank your website on search engines. So, at the starting of building a website, all you need is patience. Therefore, “Keep patience, everything will happen”.
I hope you liked this article, which I explained in detail and I also dispelled your doubts.
Now, I want one favor from you guys just comments down below and give you feedback about how you liked my article. Has it helped you in any way or not?
Thanks for reading! 🙂